I read this stat on Jack Canfield’s blog that blew me away:
“Researchers estimate that we think about 50,000 to 70,000 thoughts a day – and that about 80% of those thoughts are negative.”
WHAT! That’s a mindblowing amount of negative self-talk.
If you’re going to live the life you are MEANT to live and that you DESERVE, it can’t be dragged down by all of that negativity and doubt.
If you’ve ever caught yourself saying:
- “They must think I’m _______“
- “I should be_______by now.”
- “Why am I so _______.”
- “Why can’t I ever seem to_______.”
And filling in those blanks with something negative … then you have GOT to change the conversation happening in your head.
Here are a few things you can try to PRIME YOUR BRAIN to be more receptive to positive messages you are sending it … and it’s backed by science!
Studies show you can “prime” your brain to be more open to feeling confident, positive, and make healthier choices – and physically alter your brain circuitry in a way that promotes more positive responses!
- Meditation. In fact, you can notice a difference in brain circuitry after just 2 weeks of meditation. Compassion and kindness meditations are very impactful. Many apps like “Waking up” or “Calm” include these guided meditations, plus there are hundreds of them for free on YouTube.
- Discovery WHY. Think about why or how your health (or your body confidence) is meaningful for you.
Why does it matter? How will is serve you, your family, your community? What will it help you do, be, or achieve?
Making that “meaningful” connection turns on the part of your brain that responds to health advice. That, in turn, can help you feel more proactive about taking action.
Pairing these priming techniques with the shift in negative to positive self-talk will pack a 1-2 punch … and negativity won’t stand a chance.
This is incredibly POWERFUL if you apply it and take action. It just takes a little practice.
We are here to help you get there. If you’d like some help to figure out the best route to results, schedule a consultation with us today! Visit our website at www.crossfitwinterpark.com