Why you should avoid most of them and why the CrossFit Winter Park Bar is a perfect choice.
In today’s bustling world, it’s really easy to just grab a bar as an on the go snack. But what you might think is a “healthy” bar, is loaded with ingredients that could be more harmful to you than helpful.
Let’s first break down some of the “bad”:
– Sugars: So many bars out there have just as much sugar as a Snickers or a Three Musketeers. No difference. This high sugar content leads to crashes rather than a sustained energy level.
– Preservatives: BHA, BHT, sodium nitrate, sulfites, sodium benzoate and more are often being dumped into bars to ensure a shelf life of many years. This saves the large producers tons of money, but it’s at your health expense.
– Protein: Couple issues here. Some bars just have too much protein and it’s excessive for what you need in a bar. But the bigger problem is the type of protein used and the bad boy is soy.Soy protein isolate is processed soy leftovers. The process of “isolating” the soy protein leaves behind traces of neurotoxins such as hexane and aluminum, not to mention the digestive woes caused by high concentrations of trypsin inhibitors that can block the digestion of plant protein. And then, of course, there’s the fact that almost 90% of all soy is genetically modified. Stay away from the stuff, period.
– Artificial sweeteners: There is no place for aspartame or Sucralose in a bar. We could write a whole other blog post about these chemicals, but for now let’s just keep it to- Don’t eat them, they are terrible for you.
Back to why the CrossFit Winter Park bar is a great choice.
- No preservatives
- No artificial sweeteners
- Gluten Free
- Organic ingredients
- Made locally and fresh every few weeks at most.
- Low in natural sugars from dates. 8g per bar.
- Low in fat. 8.95g and only .91g of saturated fat per bar.
- Ascent Native Whey Protein- One of the cleanest proteins in the business. 13.8g per bar.
- Fiber syrup- Fiber syrup is a sweet, low calorie binding ingredient derived from tapioca root that is non-GMO and gluten-free. This keeps the sugar content much lower and it provides a solid amount of fiber (12.5g) at the same time.
So, as you can see it’s pretty clear and simple. The CrossFit Winter Park bar provides you with a perfect, well balanced on the go snack that is not only nutritious, but TASTES great.
We have CFWP bars available in the office for $3. Stop by and ask for a sample if you haven’t tried one!