We’ve got a really simple but delicious grab-and-go salad recipe for you today.
Meal prep plays a big role in sticking to your nutrition game plan, and this recipe will help make your life a lot easier AND stay on track with your goals.
It’s perfect for bringing to work and you can customize it based on your taste and what veggies you have on hand. Feel free to experiment because you can’t go wrong!
Also – you can amp up the protein quotient on this by adding your choice of protein just before serving. Try shrimp, chicken, cooked beef, black or pinto beans or Turkey.
Store this as-is, without the dressing or protein, otherwise, it could get soggy.
Delish Meal-Prep Salads (makes 4 servings)
- 4 cups/big handfuls shredded cabbage or dark leafy green lettuce
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
- 2 bell peppers (your choice of color), chopped
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup beets, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- OPTIONAL: 2 cups shrimp, shredded cooked chicken, or other protein choice
- 1/2 cup (130g) peanut or almond butter
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lower-sodium coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Get 4 reusable glass containers. Place equal amounts of all of the ingredients in the containers, EXCEPT your optional protein choice.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the ingredients and pour equal amounts into 1/4 cup containers.
Store in the fridge until ready to eat. To serve, stir 1/2 cup of your protein choice into the salad, shake the dressing well, and pour it over the top of the salad. Mix well and enjoy!