1. Be On Time- CrossFit incorporates a lot of technical movements, so it’s important that you’re on time to participate in the warm-up. We want to ensure your body is ready for the workout and we want to prevent injuries. You’re always welcome to arrive 15-20mins early to work on a specific mobility.
2. Leave Your Ego at the Door- Many people enter the gym with predisposed ideas of what weights they should be lifting or try to match somebody else. Our aim is to ensure you’re perfecting the movement, before increasing the intensity. We ask all members to respect our judgment – we are not trying to hold you back, we just want you to progress in the most safe and efficient way.
3. Be Honest and Maintain Integrity- in other words DO NOT CHEAT. We expect that all members of CFWP will be accountable to themselves, their coaches and their peers. Do not shave reps or cut corners on range of motion. There is no honor in having a faster time or getting more reps if you really didn’t do the work. You are cheating yourself and being disrespectful at the same time.
4. Let Coaches Coach- We love our team environment and community atmosphere where member’s look out for each other. While support is great, giving technical advice and coaching is not. We have experienced coaches who know what they are talking about and it’s their job to inform, instruct and coach technique.
5. Support Other Members- The best sessions are when everyone supports one another. It’s amazing how well people respond when another member is encouraging them when they need it most. If you finish your wod before others, stay and cheer them on until the end.
6. If You Don’t Know, Ask- This is especially important for any new members. If there is something you are unsure about, then please ask, no matter how silly you think the question is. We would much rather you ask, so we can address any issues and not risk any injury.
7. Have Fun- While we do take our training seriously, we want everyone to have some fun in the process. We enjoy a laugh as much as you and we encourage a bit of banter, especially during warm-up and cool-down periods.
8. Clean Your Area and Respect Our Equipment – Please put all equipment back after use and be sure to wipe away any sweat you may have left behind. Never drop, throw or slam empty bars, kettlebells, or dumbbells to the ground.
9. Respect Other Members- It is ok to express yourself during a hard workout. Feel free to grunt, yell, and celebrate. At the same time remember that there can be such a thing as too loud, angry, gross, or rude.
10. Be Responsible For Your Own Fitness- Scaling back a workout when necessary is intelligent, not weak. There are times to scale and times to push. But remember- your fitness will not improve unless you step outside your comfort zone.
11. Injuries- Everyone gets a little tweak, ache or pain at some point. So if you have an injury we want to know about it, however minor it may seem. We may be able to design a specific rehab program or refer you to a relevant healthcare professional. It also allows us to adjust your session so that we’re not putting additional strain on your injury.
12. NEVER QUIT- Give your best at every workout. Show up with a great attitude, work hard and have fun!!